Reference Guide to Preparing for your Harmony Circle
A Harmony Circle is a deeply profound experience that truly changes live.
Harmony Circles provide a space for shifting, blossoming and connecting on deeper levels.
Transforming women into a new space of being, creating, and collaborating is our experience and our purpose as BraveHeart Women. Surrender to your purpose and courageously create CommUnity through Harmony Circles.
When inviting remember to allow an Oxytocin breath, ground yourself and be at ease. Invite from a space of deep knowing that when a woman attends a Harmony Circle she is giving herself a gift.
Not all women you reach out to are going to say yes. We are all at different points on our path of female collaboration. Some may say no today, and yes in six months. Do not take a no personally - Do not get discouraged. Stay focused and in ease.
Honor another woman by asking her to be on your team. There is more joy in collaboration.
Planning for a Harmony Circle in advance ensures flow with ease.
1. Set your intention – How many women do you want at your circle? What is the desired outcome of your circle? Are you building a local BraveHeart Women community? Are you inviting women to join BraveHeart Women online through you?
2. Determine the date, time and venue for your Harmony Circle – Consider a date and time that will work for most of the women likely to come in your area. If holding your Harmony Circle outside of your home, consider places that may be open to providing the space for free or for very little; places like a yoga studio or a church. Consider the energy in the space. Harmony Circles create sacred space between women and a comfortable setting with good energy is best.
Tip: Consider the number of women attending and the space required to accommodate all with ease. Consider location and parking.
3. Plan on approximately 1-2 hours for the Harmony Circle – The time will vary depending on whether you plan to DYBO a little or speak little about BraveHeart Women or the benefits of oxytocin. Light snacks and water are nice, not a requirement.
Tip: Be sure to communicate clearly with the person whose space you are utilizing. Ask if they are attending and willing to assist in inviting women from their member list. Ask if food is allowed in the space. Plan for early arrivals, and late arrivals.
4. Begin creating your invite list – Besides your own list, collaborate with others. There is more joy in women collaborating together. At the top of your list have the names of at least 3 women you are going to honor by asking them to assist you. Ask friends, co-workers and neighbors in your network for additional names of women. Invite organizations to extend the invitation to their members.
Tip: Be sure to provide your team with all the information, materials and links they may require in order to assist in inviting with ease. If it is easy for them to extend the invitation, they will happily invite more women.
5. Create your invite – Text, pictures and examples are provided on basecamp, remember to allow the voice of the invitation to be yours. Create a beautiful connection with the women you invite as they resonate and feel your words.
Tip: Instead of creating a new message from scratch, review the samples and tweak to fit your voice.
6. Invite, Invite, Invite – This is the main activity for creating a successful Harmony Circle. Invite women in a way that allows them to fall in love with the benefits of participating in a Harmony Circle.
Invite as soon as you have a date and general area. The best invite requires a women to ‘opt in’ and send you her information. This allows you to connect with her again with more details about the Harmony Circle. Remember personal connections will increase the number of guests that attend.
Create an excel or spread sheet type document to keep track of your tribe of BraveHeart Women. Some will want to have tabs for Invitees, Sponsors, Advertising, Attended and Memberships. Google offers google docs online that we have found easy to use and share input and creation.
As women are signing-up for your Harmony Circle through the web page, you will be receiving an email notification for each sign-up. Enter these women in your Doc and contact them right away. Connecting with local women and growing community is our calling as BraveHeart Women.
Registered women will only be saying "yes" to a date and area. It is up to the host to provide a specific address and time. When our system included address and times it was not flexible enough to notify attendees of last minute changes.
Invite enough women to receive at least double the number of ‘yes’ responses than you actually want to attend. We recommend inviting three to have one.
You can use Facebook and other social media. Increase awareness by sharing and asking people to share the information with their friends. Make comments on the pages of friends you know are supporting your efforts.
Tip: When calling always leave a message and send an email. We all lead busy lives. Voice messages and emails can be sent up to three times before you send an “I do not want be a bother you email”. I have had women say thank you and I’m sorry for not responding sooner when leaving a take away message. Encourage women to invite their friends, sisters, daughters, and mothers.
7. Other ways to invite – In addition to personal connections you can also use Facebook, Meetup, Postcards, Flyers placed in local shops, in yoga studios, on bulletin boards, and share with other Women’s Networking groups. You can publicize the Harmony Circle through local publications and newspaper articles, radio announcements and local online content.
Tip: There are several tools available for inviting that are of no charge besides the obvious Facebook invite. Evite and Eventbrite are examples of some online tools. You can use several methods at the same time. Please don’t just send emails and wait for responses - it is not effective.
A Week Before the Event
8. Confirm with the venue – At this point, you should have confirmation of the location, date, and time. Reaching out to confirm is a good way to reconnect and remind them about the event. Also, confirm with any other outside services you require, chairs, tables, flowers (not a requirement).
Tip: Take note of any landmarks that may be helpful when explaining the location to women not familiar with the area.
9. Reconnect, remind, continue to invite – Share a note, or an update with the women who have registered for your Harmony Circle. A short note with the basic messaging, “...looking forward to sharing this experience with you in just six (6) short weeks…” Post on Facebook, similar to a ‘countdown’.
Tip: Remind women as they register to be sure and add the event info onto their calendar. If possible, create a calendar event and invite the women to accept. This way the info is automatically added to their calendars.
Week Before the Event
10. Run through this checklist for the day of the event
⃞ Visit the venue again for last-minute checks and changes.
⃞ Test your sound system, boom box or speaker for mp3 player.
⃞ Be sure you have the Harmony Circle Music and that it plays clearly.
⃞ Ask one of your responsible team members to help with registration the day of your Circle.
⃞ Ask one of your team members to take pictures for posting after the event.
⃞ Prepare flyers or hand-outs for: upcoming events, future circles, and BHW offerings.
⃞ Ask your team members if they can come early and leave late to assist in setting up and cleaning. ⃞ Do you require garbage bags, paper towels, water bottles, napkins, kleenex etc.?
11. Continue inviting until the event begins – Send out reminders via Facebook, emails, phone calls, voicemails, Meetup, Networking events, one-on-one, etc. We all lead busy lives and appreciate reminders.
It is important to reconnect with the women who say they will come again a day or two before your Harmony Circle, as a friendly reminder. We all have busy schedules and women will appreciate the reminder.
At the Event
12.Registration – This is very important. Place an inviting table and chair near the entrance to the room, where women walk by as they enter. We love to raise the vibration of the room with flowers and electronic candles.
- From your list of registered women create a sign-in document with their information already entered. This expedites registration.
- You should also have a blank document to sign-in women not pre-registered.
Print these documents and give them to your team member who is responsible for checking registrations.
As women walk in greet them and ask them if they have pre-registered, if ‘yes’ ask them to initial by their name on the printed list. If ‘no’ ask them to fill in their information on the blank document.
Ask the team member assisting with registration to watch for women who walk in after the event has started. Try to keep track of these women in order to have them register at an appropriate break time.
Before taking a group picture, at the end of the event, ask if everyone has registered to catch those that came in after the registration table closed. Please assist them to register quickly and then gather the women together to take a group picture before women begin to leave.
Post pictures on braveheartwomen.com that day or evening after you Circle for all to enjoy.
Be sure to thank the guests for coming and encourage their participation in future circles
Follow-up, to be Completed After a Harmony Circle
1. Update your list doc – for ease of connecting with these women by phone a few days.
2. Send the women an email expressing a deep feeling you experienced during your circle and invite each woman to share with you one of their deep feeling. This open a conscious flow on connecting in a very special way, not just chatting.
3. Build a relationship – With each follow-up connection ask if they would like to host a smaller Harmony Circle in their home or a home of a friend of theirs. Allow the intention of growing your BraveHeart Women’s CommUnity to blossom with love, grace and ease.
“When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.” - Dalai Lama XIV
Components of a Harmony Circle
Welcome women with ease in loving collaboration energy. Gather a circle of women.
Explaining the movements and moving around the circle.
Have two women who have done this before stand in the middle with you as you go through the movements and explain them. Or, new women can do this with just as much ease.
1) Ask the two women to stand close to one another.
2) With a relaxed gaze look into the eye on the side of your right hand (move your right hand). Song: "Look into my eyes"
3) You don't want to look back and forth into the two eyes as that triggers the hypothalamus to go into fight or flight. When we were in the jungle running away from saber tooth tigers, our eyes would dart back and forth and adrenalin would pulse through our body.
4) Relax and emanate love from your eyes. This is an Oxytocin boosting mechanism.
5) Allow tears to flow if they want to. Every tear will carry thousands of toxins with it.
6) Song: "with my hand upon my heart", put your left hand on your heart. Remember, left hand over the heart 'which is on the left'.
7) Song: "I offer you the very best in me", bring your right hand up and offer it to the other person 'hand facing up'. Bring your hand up with joy, and grace.
8) Song: "I know how hard it’s been for you", turn your right hand and put it on top of their left hand. This is called light touch and is also an Oxytocin boosting mechanism.
9) Continue gazing into their eye (the one on the side of your right hand).
10) Song "we are sisters, BraveHeart Sisters", begin to sing with it. This is called 'melodic stimulation', and it's also Oxytocin boosting.
11) Song: "we are, we are" which goes on 9 times as a symbol of us giving birth to our 'oneness', bring your arms down and rest your hand around your belly button in the shape of a heart. This connects your magnetic field of energies together. It's also connecting womb to womb, mother to mother.
12) At the end of the song, allow an Oxytocin Breath together. The circle on the outside moves one to the left. Please move one to the left quickly and with ease, as the song will start to play again in a few seconds. We have now added a gong sound to assist the women to move.
The explains the hand gestures between two women.
Begin by creating two circles
To divide into two circles, ask the women to count around the circle, 1,2,3,4 etc. The Even #’s make a circle on the inside, the Odd # make a circle on the outside of them.
Let them know from this moment on, there will be no words or speaking, only feeling, and connecting through the heart.
Allow a breath and hold the space for them to follow your example with ease.
At the end of the 11 songs, allow a big Oxytocin breath and ask them to come into one big circle holding hands.
Ask them to look into one another's eyes and feel the vibration of the circle.
Play the John Legend song, All of Me, or another heart bonding song of your choice.
At the end of the song, come into the middle of the circle with one other woman and show them the BraveHeart Hug. A BraveHeart Hug is Two women coming together eye to eye and then embracing heart to heart, left side hug. Relaxing in each others arms and allow an oxytocin breath together.
Ask them to hug three BraveHeart Sisters, still with no words.
At the end, ask them to sit and share their experience.
The BraveHeart Women Gathering Vibe
When BraveHeart women gather there is a certain vibe that you want to become aware.
It has to do with the “context” of what we are creating. It is not about who shows up, or the information content, it is all about the energy in and around the group that we pay attention to.
Women will feel the energy of the vibe created within the first minute and will feel welcome or not.
Here is what we recommend
The night before, you don’t want to be thinking about how many people are going to show up, or have done everything? The energy that you embody the night before the gathering should be the energy of a BraveHeart Woman, grounded, and luminous. Make sure you have scanned your body, released resistance, and that you are not attached. Know that your vibe is going to contribute the most to the vibration of the context itself.
You are the context, and based on the energy that is within you, you are going to build the context of the entire gathering. It is that vital.
Scan your body – use all of your tools – what are you blocked by – let go of all the attachments – let go of all the disappointments – let go of the worry – let go of all of that.
Ground yourself – Oxybreath – connect with your personal, professional and global purpose – make sure that you are allowing your SHE (Souls Highest Expression) energy to come through – take time for yourself the night before.
When you show up, let it all be. You have done your best. Know that there are things that are going to bring lessons to be learned. And, you will learn those lessons. Be in true acceptance of these things.
In order to have the highest vibe next time, you have to learn the things that got in the way the first time. This is BraveHeart conscious living and it just gets better and better.
When you show up, know that the women helping you will pick-up on the vibe you are wearing. The moment you enter they are going to duplicate your exact energy. Now that you know this, you want to be responsible for the energy you bring, so that all of your collaborating team can embody that same energy.
Come in joyous, look at everyone, give them a BraveHeart hug, and breathe together. Maybe you do a small oxytocin circle before the gathering. So that you are really in that wonderful grounded, connected, collaborative energy.
Look around and see the things that need to evolve and or be enhanced and ask, “Would you help me with that. Or, please assist me with that.” Be in your exampleship. Be the example of the BraveHeart woman who is being the shift that she is about to promote. Don’t be bossy, controlling, in fight or flight, survival energy. Be connected and joyous, laugh a lot because all will also feel this feeling. It is lovely to have this much responsibility, the essence of which is not guilt, because you are called to.
When you show up be joyous about it and be light as a feather. Be responsible for the energy you bring.
If you feel like someone has heavy energy in the room, go to them and say, “Can I speak with you for a second?” Look into their eyes and ask, “Are you okay?” Look into their eyes, their soul, “Is there anything I can assist you with?”
It is all good, be light about it and let’s all be the highest expression of joy that we can be today. Welcoming women to the gathering is what we are all about.
The women are coming to find out what everything is about by feeling the energy that the leaders embody that day. So be in luminous grounded energy.
If something is not right, don’t get reactive, be neutral. For example, a team member says, “The ceiling of the meeting room is falling down.” You say, “Tell me more about that.” Be in total neutrality.
You are the host and the energy of the event. Always be aware to not get into conversations that are off purpose about family, kids, etc. Be on purpose, “What do you feel that you want to get out of this gathering the most?” “What do you hope this will do for you?” “What do you feel your purpose is?”
Walk around and connect. Connecting is not like schmoozing or small talk. It is a more evolved version, connect, be with the women on a soul to soul level. Let them feel totally at ease and connected.
Many will show-up with a question mark in their mind, a chip on their shoulder, or feeling a little shriveled to begin with, thinking that they are not going to belong. It is the leader’s energy that should be so all encompassing, and so embracing that they will feel totally welcome the moment they enter the room.
Imagine, women are coming in, you are connecting, you are adding more chairs, and women are dancing. It is a vibe of celebration and a party. It is not a mindless celebration; it is a mindful, on purpose, joyous, celebration. Celebrating the energy of female collaboration.
Prior to the gathering starting you have already communicated to the attendees that they are welcome to be on this path with you. They already know, subconsciously because of the vibe you create and the energy you embody; because of the context you create.
We hope you found this useful. There are references to tools BraveHeart Women learn through training you may not have completed yet. Read through this a few times to allow yourself to follow your intuition about what to do in the moment.